In Cozumel, Chris and I had an adventure with an X-rail expedition. We raced through the Mayan Jungles on dirt trails. Yes, the goggles and hankerchiefs were necessary!
Before we began
So, notice how clean we are... But yet who is driving?????
This just about captured the moment! If there was audio, you'd hear me yelling at him to slow down!!! Needless to say, Chris' white shirt was thrown away after...
We stopped at the Jade Gardens and Cavern. This was a natural water source for the Mayan people. The water filters through limestone which gives off high levels of calcium and sulfur. Because this was the main source of water for the Mayans for many years, this caused their large bone yet small stature appearance. The water was "refreshing" and it was cool to watch the bats flying everywhere.
We floated on our backs under a very tight space where hundreds of bats were flying around in a cavern. On the far end of this picture you can see where we entered.
The steps were steep where ever we went. Yes, that is mud on his shirt.
Here is a short video of Chris driving the x-rail.
We made one last stop at a cenote. These were used by the Mayan people as shelter during hurricanes. The people would break a hole at a low spot in the cenote to let the water flow into caverns below.
We later met up with our friends and shopped and snorkled.
Oh my... I've seen Chris drive a jet ski and I'm not sure I would have climbed in that thing with him. I'm glad you both survived. It looks crazy. I wanted to see an after shot with you both covered in mud except for the white where your hankerchief and goggles were.
ReplyDelete